Lady of the Mote's shared items

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bucket List Updated




since Sunday was my 50th birthday I have been reflecting on my “Bucket List”and reposting,
what I have done so far;

I did the Excalibur Drive in Ireland
slept in a castle
swam in The Caribbean sea,
got my feet wet in the Irish Sea
had a daughter
had a son,watched them grow into wonderful adults
love my step children as my own
forgave my parents
found God
slept under the stars
ate and loved foi gras and drank Dom Perignon
stayed in love
adopted a cat,grieved his death
adopted a big dog
made a home
learned to love and embrace all homemaking skills
understand the charm of a apron
play an instrument with some decree of skill
play that instrument in church
Gave back by coaching a youth sports team
had my portrait drawn
Spent a whole day eating junk food without feeling guilty.
Made love outdoors
learnt how to sweat pipes
Had a room with a view
Sent a message in a bottle
Took a horse and buggy ride.
Did the all NYC tourist things,although I am a native.
Planted trees.
Learnt not to say yes when I really mean no
Made a complete and utter fool of myself many times
Took a ride on the highest roller coaster in the city
Spent a whole day reading a great novel
Made bread from scratch
became a good cook
Became a mentor to a young person who needed direction
Become a good listener
Spontaneously gave flowers to my husband for no reason
Got tattoos
Gave blood
Wished upon a shooting star
Visited some of the countries our ancestors called home
Taught a class
Kissed passionately in public
married my husband twice, once in city hall the a few years later in church
had a star named after me
sat front and center at Operas and Broadway shows
became a vegan
made a website
dunk a basketball



I am sure there are many more that havent came to memory yet,

I still want to,
survive menopause mentally intact!!!
see more operas
become a grandma
live in the country
grow an edible garden
foster a horse
own a toy dog
have a spa mud bath
Ride an elephant
Reflect on my greatest weakness, and realize how it is my greatest strength
Spend three months getting my body into optimum shape
Spend Christmas and New Year's in an exotic location
Learn to ballroom dance properly
Be an extra in a film
Make my own wine
Develope a talent for photography
find new antique shops
laugh until I cry
learn to love winter(or at least like it)
find a physical activity that both my hubby and I enjoy doing together
watch our kids living out their own Bucket List dreams
Kiss my husband passionately in public over and over again,
and shhhhh dont tell anyone but eat more foi gras and drink Dom Perignon.


Whats on your list?

2 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

Ohh thank you for posting and coming back. I so loved reading this. You've lived a wonderfully glorious life and your so many of your deeds and dreams are similar to mine.

I love this post and I hope all your "buckets" get fullfilled.

Shelley said...

Wow - you have a great list! gave me some ideas of things I would like to do - especially spending New Years in an exotic location and going to Ireland. You have a nice life to reflect back upon.