Lady of the Mote's shared items

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I can do the Highland fling


For those who know me,(and for those who don’t...really I am not as flaky as this post will make me seem!)
Today is the 39th Anniversary of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, which first hit British TV screens on the BBC October 5th 1969.

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Graham Chapman(RIP as well as you can,
He has ceased to be, bereft of life, he rests in peace, he has kicked the bucket, hopped the twig, bit the dust, snuffed it, breathed his last, and gone to meet the Great Head of Light Entertainment in the sky,Thank you for the laughs) John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin.We thank you for all your brilliance.


Please send in your favorite Pythonisms
aka
The rhetorical machinations of Monty Python

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.





why because!:

I feel happy. I feel happy.
I am not dead yet
I can dance and I can sing
I am not dead yet
I can do the highland fling
I am not dead yet
No need to go to bed
No need to call the doctor
'Cos I'm not yet dead


Hey Jesse are you smiling yet:)

No comments: