Lady of the Mote's shared items

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving,
we have so much to be thankful for,
husbands,children,homes,jobs,country,
I want to say thankyou to all you Ladies,
that take the time to read a newbie's blog and leave
comments and thank you for the few I have friendships starting,

well we had an abundant dinner,(sometimes this feels wrong,its the only day that gluttony is ok,but as I sit with a normal than full belly posting,
changes were made in the menu,
we had,

Roast Turkey Breast with Stuffing & Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Green Beans and Almonds
mashed yams
Mashed Potatoes
Turnips
Green leaf salad with grilled beets and goat chesse
Grain salad
Biscuits
Collard greens
Pumpkin bread
Lemon coffee cake
Fruit Salad,
to my vegans friend no turkey or dairy for Mama,lol,

my table landed up looking like this,

and I dare not show the kitchen,but hubby and BIL tubes and all did the dish washing,bless their hearts,
Today I am so Thankful for my hubby,grown healthy kids,a home that is paid off,good friends and Gods hand on my life,and all of you,my blogger and email friends,
Lady of the Mote

2 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

I'm glad your day went well. Ours did to. The oldest son and his little family just left. We watched our normal 2 movies and ate and ate.

The food was extra good this year..the brining was the key to such a moist and flavorful turkey. Everyone said it was the best they ever had. When you picked up a piece of turkey--it was actually dripping moisture...

I know what you mean about feeling bad about having enough when some have nothing. I feel that way at times to..I think the key is--to always be thankful and grateful and extend when we can.

I'm happy also that I have met some neat ladies on blogger. I'm fairly new myself and its fun getting to know others.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Yum...that is quite a feast. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Susan